Sophie and Russ Alhberg - Nav Award Winners


Sophie and Russ are members of the Bengals Circle.  They were asked a few questions to share a bit about themselves…

Q. What are your Adventure names? 
A. Sophie’s Princess name is : Silver Fox

Russ’ name is: Flying Eagle

Q. What was your favorite part about the O’Neill Campout? 
A. Sophie:  Watching the dad’s put on the campfire.

Russ: My favorite part about the O’Neill campout was the campfire Saturday night.  The Dad’s from each circle lip synced a song for the “Dance Party” and the girls loved it.  We did YMCA by the Village People in full dress.  As embarrassed as the girls were, they were laughing the whole time, and that’s what being silly is all about.

Q. How long have you been in the Y-Princess program? 
A. This is the 4th year we’ve been in the Princess program.  We started the year the Bengals was created.

Q. What has been your all time favorite event or memory of Y-Princesses so far? 
A. Sophie:  My favorite memory was Rawhide Ranch

Russ: I’d have to say my favorite memory was our trip to Catalina.  Saturday night, Sophie and I went for a walk to the end of the pier.  It was a beautiful night, the stars were out, the lights on the boats lit up the water, and we just sat there, all by ourselves, talking and looking up at the stars.  That was the night we discovered and named the “Sophie and Daddy” stars, just to the right of the big dipper.

Q. This one is for Russ:  What is your favorite thing about your Daughter and why?
A. I love how friendly and honest Sophie is.  She is always willing to help out and will tell you what she really thinks.  

Q. This one is for Sophie:  What is your most favorite thing about your Daddy and why? 
A. I love how my dad always takes me places and I really like it when he takes me camping.